Choice and Privacy during your Virtual Health Care Appointment
You and your healthcare provider should explore your appointment options. Your choice may depend on:
- Your medical condition.
- What technology is available for both of you.
- How comfortable you are with the options.
You can choose:
to have a family member or friend join you or have the appintment by yourself
Your healthcare provider may talk about privacy and confidentiality before the appointment, and ask you if you are OK to continue with your appointment. You can reschedule if you are not comfortable.
- Choose a quiet, private place where you cannot be overheard.
- Your healthcare provider should also be in a private space.
- If someone is joining you, make sure you trust them with your information.
- If you borrow a device, delete any of your information before returning it.