How to Prepare for your Virtual Health Care Appointment
- Make sure your device (phone, computer, tablet) is charged or plugged in.
- Check your internet connection to ensure that it is working
- Download and test any software that your healthcare provider uses ahead of time
- Some healthcare providers provide technical support to help you get set up before your appointment.
- If you are new to the technology, practice with
a family member or friend
- For a video call, choose a quiet space with good lighting
- If you have a family member or friend with you, make sure your health care provider knows and can see them
Have the following information with you:
- Your health card
- A list of any medications and pharmacy information
- A list of symptoms and details such as blood pressure or temperature
- A pen and notepad for questions and notes
- Your health history and current conditions/allergies, if you are not seeing your regular health care provider
- A calendar for scheduling next appointments